Langer’s Delicatessen-Restaurant’s is pleased to announce Norm Langer has been named one of 10 recipients of the first annual Top Hot Tamales of Los Angeles Awards! The award “honors 10 community builders who have helped begin to change the MacArthur Park neighborhood from a ‘crime-filled point of destination’ into a ‘growing art, business, cultural, educational, recreational, residential, service, and social point of destination.'”
The 10 recipients are:
- LA Councilmember Ed P. Reyes – First District;
- LA Police Chief William J. Bratton, Los Angeles Police Department;
- Bishop J. Jon Bruno, Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles;
- Arturo Martinez, Deputy City Attorney, Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office;
- Albert Torres, Interim Chief Park Ranger/ Department of Recreation and Parks;
- Barbosa Polverini, Board Member, Levitt Pavilion at MacArthur Park;
- Karen Mack, Executive Director, LA Commons;
- Jackie Jones, Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment Business Development Center;
- Norm Langer, Langer’s Delicatessen and Restaurant;
- Joe Colletti, PhD, Episcopal Housing Alliance and Economic Development.
Norm is thrilled and honored to receive this award with such an auspicious grouping of individuals who make a difference here in Los Angeles. Thank you!