Langer’s is proud to announce we have been selected by Los Angeles Magazines as part of their 2009 Best of LA for “cheap eats.” Thank you, LA Magazine! Click here to read the story on their website.
Langer’s Delicatessen-Restaurant’s is pleased to announce Norm Langer has been named one of 10 recipients of the first annual Top Hot Tamales of Los Angeles Awards! The award “honors 10 community builders who have helped begin to change the MacArthur Park neighborhood from a ‘crime-filled point of destination’ into a ‘growing art, business, cultural, educational, recreational, residential, service, and social point of destination.'”
The 10 recipients are:
- LA Councilmember Ed P. Reyes – First District;
- LA Police Chief William J. Bratton, Los Angeles Police Department;
- Bishop J. Jon Bruno, Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles;
- Arturo Martinez, Deputy City Attorney, Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office;
- Albert Torres, Interim Chief Park Ranger/ Department of Recreation and Parks;
- Barbosa Polverini, Board Member, Levitt Pavilion at MacArthur Park;
- Karen Mack, Executive Director, LA Commons;
- Jackie Jones, Pacific Asian Consortium in Employment Business Development Center;
- Norm Langer, Langer’s Delicatessen and Restaurant;
- Joe Colletti, PhD, Episcopal Housing Alliance and Economic Development.
Norm is thrilled and honored to receive this award with such an auspicious grouping of individuals who make a difference here in Los Angeles. Thank you!
Thanks to you, our loyal customers and fans, Langer’s Delicatessen-Restaurant has been selected TOP DELI in LOS ANGELES!
Voters selected their favorite delis from a wide selection around the Southland; here’s how the final tally came out:
- Langer’s Delicatessen-Restaurant
- Brent’s Delicatessen & Restaurant
- Canter’s Fairfax
- Nate-n-Al’s Restaurant
- Art’s Deli
- Label Table
- Greenblatt’s Restaurant
- Fromin’s Restaurant
Thank you, Los Angeles! We are honored by your selection and thank you for your support.
See you soon at Langer’s!
Enjoy this short clip documenting the unveiling and dedication of the Langer’s Square signs at the 7th and Alvarado intersection in Los Angeles, in honor of our founder, Al Langer. The event took place January 24, 2008.